}

Friday, June 26, 2015

Feature & Follow Friday #6



Feature & Follow Friday is a fun event hosted by Alison Can Read & Parajunkee. The purpose is to gain more followers and make new friends throughout the book blogging community. Keep in mind, though, the point is to follow other blogs also. I follow you, you follow me. :)


This week's question: Is there a book that you were required to read in school that you actually loved?

I don't remember a lot of books I read in school because at the time I was probably pissed that I was required to read something. A lot of the books we read seemed so ridiculous to me and I never really understood the need to read them until I got older. Many of them actually had some pretty good underlying messages to them. I do, however, remember reading To Kill a Mockingbird and absolutely adoring it. It was a tough read but has such a great message that it is trying to portray. Reading that book helped me to develop the mindset that everyone should be treated equal no matter their race, ethnicity, or cultural background. Honestly this book really changed my outlook on life, which is definitely something I needed at that time in my life.

To participate in this blog hop, visit Alison Can Read & ParajunkeeFollow their blogs, follow the featured blog, and then follow other bloggers! Simplicity for the win!


post signature


7 comments :

  1. I've never read 'To Kill A Mockingbird' though I'm planning to soon with the new Harper Lee book coming out.

    New follower on Bloglovin! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read To Kill A Mockingbird in 7th grade and loved it.

    I’m a new Bloglovin’ follower.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved To Kill a Mockingbird too! It was one of the few books that I really enjoyed reading in school.

    New follower via GFC & BlogLovin!

    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/06/feature-follow-friday-required-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Kill a Mockingbird is amazing and it is a tough read! I'm planning to read it again before I get my hands on Go Set a Watchman in July! Happy reading! Old Bloglovin' follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Go Set a Watchman but I'll have to check it out! Thanks chick!

      Delete
  5. Hopping through. i think TKAM was a revolutionary book. I should re-read it. I bet I'd understand it better being older.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have this book for school and I don't read it :( .Now hopping through different blogs I realized that most of bloggers liked this book and I put it on my TBR list.
    New follower via GFC and Bloglovin'.
    Silvy @Books are my life

    ReplyDelete