}

Monday, September 04, 2017

Beat the Backlist - 2017 Reading Challenge: My TBR


The Beat the Backlist Challenge is hosted by Austine @ NovelKnight and the main focus of it is to encourage readers to finally get through some of the titles in their TBR pile, or those that may have been pushed aside for new releases. The primary guideline for the challenge is that the books you choose must have been published prior to 2017 - simple enough, right? The challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st, 2017, so you have an entire year to work on your TBR, plus you can sign up at any time throughout the year! You can post your updates by using the hashtag #beatthebacklist
I've honestly never participated in a reading challenge so I'm super pumped to start this one! I know I'm a little late in the year (it's already August, yikes!), but I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to get through at least 10 books in my TBR pile. My list is absolutely out of control, so this will be perfect!

Below is my list of TBR books that I'm hoping to finish by the end of the year:
  1. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  2. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
  3. The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
  4. Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
  5. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
  6. The Summer I Wasn't Me by Jessica Verdi
  7. Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters
  8. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
  9. My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
  10. #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso

I'm only sticking to 10 books right now on my list because I'm starting late, so wish me luck! :)




I've also decided to enter the mini challenge, so the Hogwarts house I chose to represent is Slytherin! If you're interested in the challenges, check them out here!

Happy reading!