}

Monday, September 04, 2017

Musing Monday #1

Hosted by The Purple Booker


Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:

I'm currently reading...
Up next I think I'll read...
I bought the following book(s) in the past week...
I'm super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish news)...
I'm really upset by (book/author/bookish news)...
I can't wait to get a copy of...
I wish I could read ___, but...
I blogged about ___ this past week...


This week's question:

I'm super excited to tell you about...


My answer:


First off...HAPPY MONDAY! 

What I'm SUPER excited to tell all of you about is the Ninja Book Swap! Basically, its like Secret Santa except it's not at Christmas! They do book swaps several times throughout the year, but in October they run two different swaps - the original swap and the Trick or Treat swap.

For the original swap, you choose one or more books for your designated person from their wishlist, as well as a gift based on their likes. Another person will send you a similar package. :) Trick or Treat is a little bit different; you'll receive a book from a genre you don't read much of, picked by someone who loves that genre. As well as your "trick", you'll receive a "treat" in the form of one of your wishlist books and a small gift.

Sounds awesome, right?!

The identity of your pattern should be kept secret until they've received the parcel - so the best way to reveal yourself is by including a cute little note inside the parcel with your name (and social media contact info).

The swap doesn't have a minimum/maximum spend amount, but the admins of the swap will try their best to match you up with someone who is planning on sending a similar package to you. So if you want to send your partner two books and a few small gifts, they'll try to match you up with someone else willing to send that. Likewise, if you were to plan on only sending one of your partner's wishlist books, you'll be matched with someone else who is only sending one book. This ensures you don't go "all out" for someone (for lack of a better term) and then end up only getting one book in return. You must be able to spend at least the cost of a paperback book (or two for the Trick or Treat swap), a token gift which you would be happy to receive yourself, and package costs.

I've participated in the Ninja Book Swap many times and have received some pretty nifty stuff. The most recent swap, I received two books off my wishlist, A Court of Thorns and Roses and The Darkest Part of the Forest, as well as some handmade soaps and super cute kitty socks! The swap is super fun connects you with other book bloggers. I HIGHLY recommend taking part in it this October!


Here are the dates you'll need to remember:

  • Sign-ups just opened yesterday, September 2nd
  • Sign-ups close on September 23rd
  • Partners are assigned by October 1st
  • Sending deadline is October 21st



Here are the forms to sign up:




So come on all my fellow book bloggers...sign up and enjoy!
P.S. Make sure you get your wishlist updated before filling out the form because you'll need to provide a link to it! I always use one of my Goodreads lists. :)